WHAT THE BRAND IS ALL ABOUT.
The Earthbound project is a joint venture between Distell, selected entrepreneurs and the local Mamre community with the aim of ensuring the long-term sustainability of the wine industry through the transfer of skills.
The initiative is rooted in the Fairtrade tradition of sharing profits with workers to be used at their discretion to uplift the community. To date, life skills such as literacy and first aid, computer facilities, study loans and a community hall have been provided.
Nine families live on the farm, each occupying their own home on the property, as part of Earthbound’s ongoing commitment to equality and sustainability.
Long-Term Sustainability Through Transformation
THE FOUR PILLARS OF PROSPERITY
- A transfer of skills to ensure continuity.
- Equality to empower.
- Hands-on experience to build bright futures.
- Ownership to foster pride and passion.
Nine Families Each Occupying Their Own Home On The Property
THE FRUITS OF THE PROJECT:
- Computer facilities and appliances.
- A community hall.
- Training in literacy, health, safety, first aid and life skills.
- Study loans to assist with tuition, books and uniforms.
No Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, Chemical Fertilizers Or Synthetic Chemicals
ORGANIC AND FAIRTRADE INFORMATION:
- Eco-sustainable farming principles employed and adhered to.
- Wine exclusively produced from organically farmed grapes.
- Farm workers receive a premium and decide how to spend it.
- Authenticity over additives.